Still not much going on with respect to the game design process but I have been involved in the board game community:
- Addicted to Ra on the iPad – an excellent App
- Played Revolution, Ticket to Ride Asia and a couple of games of San Juan…fun times…oh and played Say Anything – a great party game
- No BIGCON this year but I will still be running the Family Game Events in schools around Kamloops – so far Rio Grande Games and Out of the Box Publishing are donating to the events!
- Excited for my fellow geek, David Short, who has two games coming out this Fall – check out Ground Floor and Skyline by Tasty Minstrel Games
- Another geek friend, Seth Jaffee, the game developer at TMG seems to be rocking along! TMG will be publishing some big game titles this year and next year! Congrats Mike M. and Seth
- Bought a copy of Catan Junior – looks like a great variant for kids. Can’t wait to crack it open with the family
- Got a brand new copy of Dungeons & Dragons Starter Kit. I have never played RPGs but am now going to give it a try with Sophie and a friend and his son. Reading through the rule book this weekend
- On the design front – will be playtesting Tower of Doom with the new cards soon and will be working on All Access Tour: North America
- Starting a lunchtime school board game club at my wife’s elementary school. This club will be for grade 4 to 7 students (with some grade 3s sprinkled in – my daughter is in grade 3)
- I have been asked to write a monthly review of a board game for kamloopsparents.com. Starting with either the Kids of Carcassonne of Catan Junior. Should be fun!
That’s it for now. Hopefully I will have more design news soon.