It seems like forever since I last posted – so much for posting every day. I have been very busy at work which has put blogging on the back burner…that seems like a lame excuse so I guess I will have to make more time to get things posted more frequently on this site.
Here is what I have been up to:
- My design focus has been on All Access Tour. More specifically on creating the map for the main board. I have decided to go with a movement mechanism that does not require route connections between cities. Instead, the map of the U.S. will be divided into six regions. These regions will each have one major city, two secondary and either four or five minor cities (I haven’t decided on how many minor cities – this will depend on point balance in the game and whether the map becomes to crowded. I hope to have a picture of the map and board some time next week.
- G+ GameLab hangouts have been picking up – six out to the last one! I have been hosting these every Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
- Will be working on the Global Board Game Design Jam and will be getting a domain name next week some time.
- I kickstarted for the first time. My friend has his first game being published by Tasty Minstrel Games, if you like medium to heavy Euros then check it out and support a fellow designer, Ground Floor.
- On a personal note, in order to become more patient, more calm and more focused, I am starting a meditation program. Looking forward to it…research has shown that not only does it allow for more mental clarity but it also has physical health benefits.
What are you people working on out there in the the interweb?