Part 2 of Long time…no post.
This is an update of where I go from here.
- G+ GameLabs Hangouts – a group of designers try to meet online from time to time to share ideas and give each other feedback on designs. I am hoping to kick start this in the coming months. Recently, I had a hangout with John Burns and Seth Jaffee. During this hangout I presented a game that has been in the works for over a year. Both John and Seth seemed to like the idea. The cool thing is that my co-designer, David Short, has the first prototype and he lives close to Seth. I am hoping they will get to play test the game. I am hoping to have a hangout this evening and talk about two party games I have in the works.
- I will be revisiting all my game designs in the next while via blog posts while working on a couple of specific designs.
- Tower of Doom will be ready to play test in the next week or so…this after a lengthy delay in printing the new cards.
- Risk: Legacy will see the table whenever we have our full quota of five. Otherwise I will be introducing many new games to the group.
- I am pondering a series of reviews and audio podcasts about being a board game dad. This will concentrate on games I play with my 7 year old daughter and games I modify to make more complex games easier for her to play.
- I have, through the Facebook board game group, connected with a fellow gamer who is starting an audio podcast about board games. I have been invited to submit a 5 minute section. My initial idea is to do a section on Hidden Gems…games outside the BGG top 1000. Describing a board game without visuals will be interesting.
That’s it for now…