I am trying to play a game every day over December. This seemed like an easy task but I was wrong. We are only on Day 7 and I am finding it hard to complete this goal. I am playing a lot of games with my 7 year old daughter and have resorted to playing solo games – or solo variants for multi-player games. I am going to start play testing games and including that as a ‘play’.
Tonight I will be playing Forbidden Island and Taluva solo games. I already went through the rules of Panic Station which will hit the table tomorrow. It will be nice to play with friends – once a week is not enough.
PS. I love playing games with my daughter but Guess Who? can only played so many times. Tomorrow we will play Rattlesnake, Kids of Carcassonne and I will teach her a variant of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries. Here is what I am going to do:
- Use markers to show which routes she has to complete. She is a little young to find the Scandinavian countries but I am sure after a few plays she will catch on to some of them.
- Let her put her cards in front of her in groups – this is not a competitive game so I am not going to block my daughter for the win (unless she keeps beating me)
On the design front:
- Have a Rainbow/Pot of Gold dice game that I am testing
- The Streets of Pamplona tiles have been printed. Now I have to work on rails
- Cards being printed for Tower of Doom
- Maybe play test Space Pirates game tomorrow (we will see – not feeling good about it right now)