Here is the latest in gaming news from my household:
- Enjoying gaming with my gaming group. We have started to keep track of results. Total game winning percentages and by number of players. There are give regulars and a couple of part timers. We are keeping track of the regular’s results. If the expected results are 50 percent wins for 2 player games, 33.3 percent for 3 player and so on…then I rock at 3 player games with a winning percentage of 66.7 percent!! I am ranking second in total percentage behind my buddy Kelly who is winning around 40 percent of the games. I would really like to work on a weighting mechanism based on the games played by each player.
- Have come up with two card games. Skyscraper – a quick filler and Space Pirate’s a role-selection/set collection game.
- Working on the cards for Tower of Doom – just need to get them printed and will hopefully play test this week. Things have been slow on the Tower front but a quick self-kick in the pants put that in order
- Played Puerto Rico for the first time – need to play it more to see if it is my cup of tea. I would not turn it down but first plays can be misleading.
- I think we need a game about Tebowing 🙂
- I love that my wife and daughter love to game even if some of the games are not my favourites.
- If you have young kids (5 and up) then you might want to check out Spot It!, Tell Tale, and Trigger from Blue Orange Games. They are cheap and a lot of fun!
- Wish I were at BGG.con playing games and sitting in prototype alley!