I really enjoy playing board games! This is evident from the fact that this blog has been running for almost a year and has had consistent posts. I have many blogs which have fallen quite flat. I believe this blog is still going because of my passion for board gaming.
I could play board games everyday – anyone hiring in the board game industry? 🙂 The problem is that I don’t get to play everyday! 😦 How do I play games more often? One answer maybe to play some solo games or solo variants of games. I am unsure about this idea but plan to implement it in the near future.
Why am I unsure? Well there are pros and cons to every decision.
- I get to play board games more often
- I get to develop new strategies and learn more about the board game
- Playing this way may open up some new game design ideas
- No king-making and no other players telling other players what they should do next
- I spend less time doing things I should be doing
- Solo game play defeats one of the reasons I love to game – social interaction
- Who am I going to trash talk with?
- Hansa Teutonica
- Stone Age
- Ticket to Ride
- San Juan