Another idea that I have to jot down before I forget.
These are initial thoughts and not tested.
Skyscraper the Card Game is a game for 2 to 4 players. The goal is to create the highest set of skyscrapers (column of cards).
The deck consists of 120 cards. Four colours with cards numbered 1 to 10 with 1 set of red, 2 sets of blue, 3 sets of green and 4 sets of yellow cards (100 cards), 15 foundation cards and five event cards.
The deck is shuffled and each player dealt 10 cards.
On a round the following occurs:
- The top two cards of the deck are revealed
- The players bid on the cards by playing a card from their hand face down
- The bids are revealed – the highest card gets to choose one card from either the two revealed or from one of the opponents’ bid cards.
- The players resolve highest to lowest – the two cards left are discarded (I am thinking of having the winner have the ability to discard one card as well as choosing first.
- In case of a tie the winner is resolved by colour – red, blue, green then yellow
- The players then build their skyscrapers by placing sequential numbers from 1 up
- If players build past level 4 or 8 they must play a foundation card – players do not have to build
- If players change colours they must play a foundation card
- Players replenish their hands by drawing 2 cards
- Then the bidding phase begins again