The idea for Google+ Gamesmiths has been changed to G+ GameLab. A venue where we can ‘experiment’ and ‘test’ our game design ideas. Using Google+ hangouts the group can do the following:
- Video and voice conference in real time
- Share documents with Google docs
- Share artwork that can be edited in the hangout sketchpad
- Type in the chat window so not to interrupt the person who is talking
- Share desktops – the person presenting can let other people view his/her desktop as they show artwork etc.
There are now 14 people in the G+ GameLab circle. David Short has requested that BoardGameGeek allow a G+ GameLab Guild. Once the Guild has been accepted a list of hangout rules will be posted and the first hangout will be scheduled. The Guild will also be used for members to share their ideas and get feedback after the hangout has ended.
I am stoked!!!