What is thrifting? Simply, it is scavenging thrift stores for games. Games to play and games to salvage for their pieces – prototypes need pieces!
As I live in a small city by North American standards, good games are hard to come by in the thrift stores, though I have found the following:
- Three copies of Settlers of Catan
- Four copies of Scotland Yard – 3 different versions
- One copy of Vegas Showdown
- One copy of Sorry Sliders!
Other games I like to thrift for their parts are:
- Straight Shooter – tons of dice (great to make your own copy of Liar’s Dice)
- Advance to Boardwalk – have great stackable counter
If you like games and pass a thrift store, pop-in, you might find a treasure!